Re: Unidentified subject!

> Several months ago, I was met with the predicament of wanting to
> use a TS add-on program that would work only with 32-bit programs,
> such as TS2Ki, to which I had studiously avoided upgrading.  I bit
> the bullet and upgraded. To my surprise, both the actual upgrade
> and my use of TS2Ki thereafter (for the past 2-3 months now) has
> been seemless, as in no problems.  Based on my limited experience,
> you may wish to reconsider upgrading to TS2Ki.

Based on my limited experience, you may want to tread VERY carefully
on that path.

I use TS4 for my trading.  I wanted to move to TS2k because of the
many improvements:  > 13k bar charts, Easy Language enhancements,
better system reports, 32-bit DLLs, etc.

But I can't even get TS2k working reliably for offline research
purposes, let alone realtime trading.  I use it for research because
of the improved tools, but it's *extremely* unreliable.  Many times
each day TS2k crashes, or the system reports lock up, or one of
dozens of other bugs and poor-design problems force me to exit and
restart, or at least grind my teeth in frustration.  I can't imagine
trusting my trading to this mess, and I'm not even trying to collect
data in realtime.

I know it's possible to run TS2k reliably -- I know people who do it -
- but *I* can't.  I installed TS2k on a brand-new Windows 2000 system
with 512MB of RAM and 40GB of disk space.  There is plenty of CPU,
RAM, and disk available, and the OS was pristine when I started
running TS2k.  I don't know what else I could do to get it working
right, so I don't trust it for my trading.

You may be luckier than I was, but....
Gary