Re: TS2k reliability - an idea

>[TS4 worked on old machine, stopped working on win2k with dodgy vid card]
>Finally, bottom line - what video cards are being used in the systems
>that ARE reliable? I'd be willing to try another one if several people
>find it reliable.

Bingo!

Exactly what I was about to suggest as another possible reason.

I have a machine here with a Matrox G550, running Win2k. Generally hugely
unstable, until I upgraded to the very VERY latest Matrox drivers, then
instantaneously, everything tightened right up. I also ran Norton Windoctor
which removed a WHOLE lot of cruft from the registry and made an enormous
difference too.

Combined, they were the key to win2k stability, for me.

I ran Win2k on an older Matrox G200 and didn't have any problems at all..
it seems Matrox take a while to bed down their drivers, so might be worth
looking for the latest greatest, see if that improves things..  I imagine
other vid card manufacturers would have similar problems..

Si