Re[2]: TS2k reliability - an idea

On Sunday, July 14, 2002, 12:07:41 PM, Gary Fritz wrote:

GF> ztrader said:
>> An idea. I just moved TS4 from an old but reliable machine to a new
>> Win2000 computer. Guess what - it doesn't work well at all, by
>> comparison.

GF> Bizarre.

It is a bit. Minimize buttons disappear, lines are truncated or
missing, and other odd graphics happenings. And TS4 crashes, even with
Win2000. On my older machine, it was running quite well with
practically no problems and very few crashes. I have NEVER seen some
of these new graphics oddities on the old machine.

GF> Hm.  I would be very surprised if my video card was the cause of
GF> my problems.

In my case, simply disabling some graphics 'accelerations' changed
from crashing TS4 a LOT to crashing occasionally. You might try this
and see if it helps.

GF> I don't see ANY kinds of problems with the rest of the  system
GF> (other than occasional networking funnies).

I tried installing several other programs, and did not have any
trouble with them. It does seem to be related to TS4 handling of
video.

GF> Maybe TS2k  stresses the video driver harder than anything else,
GF> but nothing else  (including TS4) has any problems on the system.

I have not tried these mods on my TS2k computer, but I will, given
what I've learned about it with the TS4 conversion. I need to get TS4
running well again. :-(((

ztrader