Re[6]: Why is omega list so dead and related questions.

My opinion is not that good because I have only tried Multicharts and
it is not full featured yet.  It lacks backtesting I think.  I don't
use it so I haven't tried it.  That is a feature that is coming I
think.  It also has no quote monitor window.  It has a quote monitor
but it is for data feed.  I refer to a quote monitor as a widow I can
show symbols with info. like bid, ask, last, open, volume...  It is
also a on demand system.  I'm using the Global Server at the moment
to feed it historical data and Esignal feeds the GS.  I just had data
on the GS and Esignal doesn't have enough historical data yet.  I
love the program.  You can feed it multiple data feeds and it will
merge them in the chart.  Doesn't hog resources.  But look back on
the list some good platforms were mentioned in the past.  Others will
be a better source.  I'm using a new version (Beta) of Multicharts
and I'm still new at it.  I will tell you I set it up in one
afternoon with 200 symbols and my Tradestation indicators I use.  Yep
it will import them.  Then it will convert them to some other code
that seems to be fast as hell.  So in less than 5 hours I was live
and trading it.  It is much like Tradestation as to names and
features.  I'm sure there are other good units out there though.

Jimmy

Hi, Jimmy - and all,

I'm curious as to what other trading platforms you consider to be good and
responsive these days -- analysis, programmability, auto-execution, etc.
...my interest is primarily in regard to ES and other electronic markets.

Thanks,

Ray