Re: Why is omega list so dead and related questions.

John Bowles on 13/04/08 21:05, wrote:
So now that I have shared my story I think the readers will know why I asked my question below. If it is not clear then let me make it so. The omega-list is very valuable in my opinion and it is unfortunate to see it fade out so much. I think that new users are just not being made aware of it. I think the reason is most likely the reason I stated regarding the Qcharts forum experience I had. Users hear of a product, are directed to the company forum and if they are not web wise enough or motivated enough to dig and find email groups or forums that are private they never know what is out there. But hay. What more could one expect from a company sponsored forum. Its obvious. So the question remains. Since the omega list is dying 1/ can it be revived and if not 2/ is there a private replacement.

It's not dying, it's only sleeping. I was there back then too, TS4 EOD - version 23 to make it Y2K compatible - I have no idea why the traffic is so low in comparison, but you can still get some quality discussions here, and an email list suits my style, too. Stuff turns up in my inbox, I don't have to go looking for it on some forum. Plus these forums - I think it was elite trader that I checked out - seem to be populated 50% by Tourettes syndrome patients.