Re: To Call or to Click, Which is the Faster

Hello  DH,

D> instant executions? As I recall, you switched brokers in the middle of
D> one of your CTA thingies and were VERY pleased with how much more money
D> you were making with the new guy. The whole tone of your recent posts
D> has been that the broker doesn't matter and we all know that's bullsh*t.

actually  what  happened  was that i had been placing my orders thru a
broker  and he would give me the fill as i held on the phone.  one day
that  changed  and  he started calling me back with the fill. i latter
discovered  that  the  broker  was  instructed  to  use  his companies
affiliated  online  futures (reverse those last two words and you will
know  who) order entry system.  this was costing use enormous slippage
as  hundreds of contracts were being trickled in via electronic order.

so  it  was  in fact greed that made me move the business.  that dandy
(the name is in there too) who wanted to juice squeezed his fruit (me)
dry.   it  really had nothing to do with the brokers, or their ability
and i would still consider using them again.

i  have   good  rule  for  trading  some medium term systems which has
proven  itself.    if you miss a trade wait at least 15 minutes before
placing it.  if you do it in the immediate preceding minutes than you
get  whacked.  which led to an experiment to use delayed data for some
systems  and  they  made  about  as much as the real time systems.  of
course you mileage is guaranteed to vary. ;-)