Re: Missing data in a Multi-Data chart

If there is no data (no bar) on a chart for any data
series TradeStation gives you the information with he
last available bar wth data.
So what TradeStation is showing for Data4 on your
print-log  is the close of data4 of the last bar on
the chart. If you are looking for hollidays (or an day
where there is no trading in data4) you can do this:

If marketposition=1 and date of data1 <> date of data4
then ...

Since data4 will be on a holiday, the dates of data1
and data4 will not match and it will give you the bars
you are looking for.
If you are dealing with intraday charts, and overnight
sessions it will probably get alot more ifficult...

Victor Cuadra
www.cuadraE.com

-- jonmac <jonmac@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In a multi-data chart I'm trying to exit at market
> where data4 has no data
> (ie: data1 in Aus is a trade day and data4 in US is,
> say, a holiday).
>
> Having tried exits such as;
> If MarketPosition = 1 and data4 =0 then exitlong at
> market;
>
> and
> xxBlank = NumToStr(close of data4,decimals);
> If MarketPosition = 1 and xxBlank="" then exitlong
> at market;
>
> then any of these fail to execute.
>
> Strangely the print log for close of data4 on the
> date with no bar shows
> what could be a valid value for that data series!
>
> Any help greatly appreciated.
> Thanks
> Jon

=====