Re: Windows 2000 v's NT4.0 SP 5 for 2000i

On Friday, March 22, 2002, 8:31:10 PM, Zoran Gayer wrote:

ZG> I am told that 2000i runs like a dream on NT4.0 with no crashes
ZG> and it does not need the latest fast computers.

Actually, it is more like a nightmare. I run TS2k on NT and it crashes
all the time - and this is OFF-LINE operation. If I go 2 or 3 days
without a crash, I consider myself lucky. I still consider it
dangerous for RT operation. TS4 is much more reliable.

ZG> He also stated that it runs better on service pack 5 than it does
ZG> on 6.

I've run it on SP 4, 5, & 6. It has been terrible on any of them. I
was going to go to Win2000 to see if that might be better. :-) From
your information, that doesn't sound very good either.

ztrader