Re: GIF files

In a message dated 1/24/2002 2:30:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,
omega-digest-request@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

>  Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 13:12:37 -0800
>  From: Wayne Mathews <wayne@xxxxxxxxx>
>  To: =omega list <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
>  Subject: Re: GIF files
>
>  Does many one know of software that will reduce the image size (even by
>  10%) of a gif without losing clarity when attached to an email?

To me, the only really neat feature of MS Word (late version) is its ability
to linearly shrink or expand  an image that is inserted into the Word file.
You just drag the corner or side.  Once it is the size you want you can
capture it off the screen and create a GIF (or JPG).  However, I am not sure
that this won't affect the image quality.  I just tried it and it looks OK.

don