Re: GIF files

Thanks to Steve, Mel, don, and Bob for your responses but the answer
appears to be - no, it is not possible to reduce the size (I do not mean
crop) of a gif image and maintain the original clarity, at least in an
email.

I do use Hyper-Snap DX Pro (which seems to have the same features as
Irfanview, resize and  re-resolution). In the help file it is stated
that increasing the resolution results in a smaller pixels and a smaller
image when pasted into other aps (e.g.Word). This is true when the Word
file is printed but not when the file is sent by email. Resizing smaller
results in a loss of clarity in emailing. I also have PhotoShop and it
can not do it either.