RE: A drastically revised and improved MS?

There is suppose to be an all new MS. I have heard from several sources that
it is still in the design/redesign phase and no coding has started. It was
also relayed to me that now is the most opportune time to send those
suggestions to Equis on what we perceive to be shortfalls of the product as
well as enhancements and desired new features. I have read feedback on this
forum and others that people have submitted suggestions in the past without
success, but if MS is really being redesigned, I would think now would be
our best chance to be heard.
>From my point, if the following were corrected/enhanced, it would make MS
the absolute best product available:

	Increase the calculation precision. No one will have a reason to complain
about equation results not being consistent.

Don't take away or revise the MS formula language. ADD the capability to use
some external scripting language - VB Script, Java Script, Perl - or all of
these, but allow full function and control while in them, i.e., allow
referencing to MS functions *and* input/output functions while in the
scripting language. It would be nice if scripting code could be added inline
with the formula language (OK, OK, I'm also on the AmiBroker List). This
would retain the capability of any Legacy add on products and existing user
written systems. It would also allow those who know the formula language to
continue writing code without forcing them to learn something new. The
adding of an external scripting language would fill the gap for those who
think the formula language is lacking.

Multiple security back testing.

Enhanced optimization - more variables, better reports, easier to  set up
and use.

Enhanced stop placement (% trailing, I believe is a highly requested one,
etc).

This one will never happen but....Directly interface with other data
vendors, Quotes Plus and TC2000 specifically. MS would be a killer app if it
could take advantage of those 2 data vendors'  sector/industry groupings and
their fundamental data.

This is not a Metastock item per se. Enhance/redo the MS file structure to
allow unlimited securities in a directory/folder and increase the data
points or allow unlimited data points.

One caveat here. Equis should stabilize the 7.2x version correcting all
outstanding bugs. I believe that would remedy any controversy about
increased system resources or required hardware upgrades to get the new
product to run. Many times Equis has came back to this list saying they are
hesitant  to implement a feature or correct a perceived problem (the
precision issue)  because of  PC hardware resource considerations. I have my
own opinions on this (On the vendor side is program design & code quality.
On the user side is the reality of what the hardware and software
requirements are for someone wants to be successful in trading) but that's
not the issue.
It would also make existing users feel that they don't have to pay for bug
fixes via a forced upgrade.  The "New Metastock" could have a new a new set
of resource requirements....PIII or P4, 256MB or 512MB RAM, etc with users
understanding they have choices...the old, with a lesser set of
requirements, bug free, but stabilized (no new enhancements), or the new,
with a more robust set of requirements and a more robust feature set that
would be enhanced.

I think now is the time to resend any ideas for enhancements or improvements
for Metastock to Equis. I believe there is an email address for suggestions,
but I don't have it handy.

Allan Wade
Phoenix, AZ
email: allanwade@xxxxxxxx