Re: APEX again

On Fri, 29 Aug 1997 17:10:23 -0400, you wrote:

>Guy Gordon wrote:
>
>> As for RSI and Stoch not working on stocks that are clearly in a
>> trend, I beg to differ.  Take a look at my chart of IOM
>> http://www.white-crane.com/iom.htm.  Notice how the Stoch(9) has
>>given  a buy signal at the end of every single month since March.  And
>>every one of them was a good time to buy.
>
>Very convincing. However, if you would have bought the stock at theend
>of March when there was a break-out with the trand continuing
>now, you would not have to make the 4 or 5 trades in the interim.
>I am assumong that the sell signals hold also. The risk is the bid-ask
>spread along with the commision.

But what if you DIDN'T buy back in March.  When should you get in?
The Stochastic answers that question.  And very well I might add.

We were talking about APEX.  If you bought at the IPO, fine.  You're
set.  But what if you're looking to get in now?  The stock is in an
uptrend channel.  At what point should you buy?  I would try to find a
point where the stock is near the bottom of the channel and the
Stochastic gives a buy signal.

I would NOT buy when it is at the top of the channel and the Stoch is
giving a sell signal.  That describes APEX right now.