Re: AMA Kaufman

michael.arnoldi@xxxxxxxx wrote:

>  My OBTR indicator has Sell on all the indicators I
>
> i also would like to use the obtr, please send me the
> formula & how to
> use it.
> thanks
> mike

In addition to owning MS 6.0 I also use a program called
Livewire that receives the data from my DTN feed and charts
for me as the data comes in.  That program has OBTR as one
of its technical charts.  I use it in connection with
Stochastics and MACD using the standard defaults for each of
these indicators.  Stochastics signals overbought/oversold
on a short term basis and alerts me to things to watch.
MACD is more of an intermediate indicator and I will often
use it to signal when to start building a position.  OBTR is
a longer term indicator that for me substitutes for the
channels others here use for their trends.  If OBTR doesn't
confirm MACD I will eliminate my initial positions.  If it
does confirm I will finish accunmulating my position as soon
as I get the confirmation.

While I own MS I don't use it enough to be able to program
the OBTR indicator.  Someone here did that a short time ago
but I don't know enough about the program to set it up and
try it.  You can do a web search on OBTR and get a
description of the indicator by its originator.
Maybe the person that programed OBTR into MS would post his
formula again.

 Bob Doeden