Re: ASND

--- Begin Message ---
To: Harley D Meyer <Harley.D.Meyer-2@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Sum of (ROC of security ABC - ROC of security XYZ)
From: Jim Harmon <jrh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 1997 22:33:04 -0500

Harley,

Thanks *very* much for all the time and trouble you took to spell all of
this out for me! I got it to work. Ultimately, I ended up with both
securities in the same window, with the sum indicator created in Excel
in an inner window (I decided to do the individual ROCs for both
securities, along with the sum of their difference within Excel, in
order to keep the MetaStock windows uncluttered). I'll be surprised,
though, if everything updates itself automatically! <g> Unfortunately, I
need to use the indicator that I created in Excel inside either a
formula (that I can reference) or directly in a custom Expert Analyst,
and I don't think MS can do this; if it can, I haven't found out how
yet! Thanks again for your help. :)

Jim Harmon

--- End Message ---