Unidentified subject!

there are several ways to do this I will present one of them. Load a fixed
number of days. Lets say 300. Open up security ABC and open up secuity XYZ.

Actually I would use a template here. create a new window in ABCand drag and
drop xyz into the new window. Close the xyz security. now take the ROC and
create a new window. The ROC will be of ABC.

Now open another new window. Create the ROC of XYZ by grapping theROC indicator
from the drop down box and drag it to the XYZ window until xyz turns magents.
Select new scale on left.

Now take the roc of XYZ and drag it to the new empty window.

So you sould have XYZ, ABC,ROC(ABC) and ROC(XYZ) in four seperate windows. Now
create a new inner window.

Now link ROC(ABC) to Excel. THEN link ROC(XYZ) to Excel.

Now in Excel create your ROC(ABC) - ROC(XYZ) in one column.

Now this next step can be done two ways. Either create your sum in Excel or in
Metstock.

We will try metastock. Create a new custom formula--sum(indicator,7)

or
cum(indicator)

Since I am not sure how ong you want to sum but you get the idea here.

Now take your formula in excel and link it into the new empty window in
Metastock.

Now create another new window. Take the custom formula and drag it indo the
difference window linked from excel until it turns magenta. Salect new scale on
left.

Drag the new indicator into the new window.

Now I have not tried this but I do know thee is some limitations to how many
links you can make with excel and metastock. But what ever the problem of links
it should be something that could be worked around.

Harley

On Wed, 04 Jun 1997 17:37:24 -0500,
Jim Harmon wrote...
>Thanks, Harley. I played with it some last night. Still not sure if
>it'll do the trick, though. Seems a shame that MetaStock can't do this
>by itself. I'm afraid that if Equis doesn't "get on the stick," they
>will lose out to Omega products. BTW, I also have SuperCharts, but don't
>use it much, because I prefer MS' look-and-feel.
>
>Jim

Harley Meyer
meyer093@xxxxxxxxxx