Re: [RT] NW 5/19 Update

In a message dated 5/22/2004 12:49:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time, bobskc@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

After the election, higher interest rates, corporate reports that will be hard pressed to follow through on large percentage gains recently released and a looming run for the presidency by Hillary Clinton will all be negatives for the markets with few to any positive factors to drive it ....  With each passing month/year as the markets contemplate a Hillary presidential run and the probability of her success, markets will shudder and contract.

This is a ridiculous statement.  If Bush gets reelected, you think that the market is going to give a damn about who might run 4 years later?  The Democrats could announce they were running Hillary and Michael Moore in 2008 and the market wouldn't care.

In a well known quirk of fate, the market has performed better under Democratic adminstrations than Republican so I am sure that the republic will survive no matter who is elected in 2008 or 2004.

We should be more concerned about Bush's 'folly' and the deficits being run up to pay for it.  That will affect our bond, stock and currency markets.

Howard Bernstein

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

To visit your group on the web, go to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/realtraders/