[RT] Re: DAYTRADING THE QQQs

Chas,
The purpose of papertrading is to see whether the system/approach you
are using is working and whether you can place the trades properly
and efficiently.  You will need everything to paper trade that you
will need for "live" trading.  So, while the previous post is a
little brusque, it is correct. Start with education and determine
what time-frame, style, etc. of trading suits you.  Then develop a
system/approach and try it out by papertrading.

Good luck.

--- In realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Charles Meyer" <chaze@xxxx>
wrote:
> Group-
>
> I apologize for this dumb question; but could someone provide me
direction and guidance on how to get started daytrading the QQQs?
The issues I'm concerned with are:

> *  Learning to Paper Trade
> *  Brokers
> *  Automated Trading Platforms  (automatic order entry systems)
>
> I've seen info about some of the many Interactive Broker third
party add ons such as:  bracket trader, autotrader, buttontrader,
ninjatrader, tradingsimulation.    To further complicate matters; IB
also has their own automated trading platform; Trader Work Station.