Re[2]: [RT] Re: Virii

On Wednesday, November 28, 2001, 1:12:05 AM, Kent Rollins wrote:

KR> As part of the settlement, Sun should have demanded that Microsoft
KR> be REQUIRED to ship Java in all their products.

Goooood luck on that. Sun knew M$ was out to kill Java and would NEVER
agree to that. They didn't want to be laughed at for making such a
ridiculous demand.

KR> McNeally didn't want to share.

He is fully aware of the M$ definition of "share". :-))) If you're not
sure of their definition, just ask any one of those other Silicon
Valley companies who "shared" with M$.

KR> Microsoft on the other hand, is pushing the Common Language Runtime (similar
KR> to the JVM and the real magic of the .NET initiative) to an open standards
KR> body.  Who knows how that will turn out.

M$ knows. :-) As long as they have control, and it benefits them, it
will stay. If not, they will replace it. Standard M$ tactic for a long
time.

KR> Netscape?  Who's that?

Ahhhh - I see you understand what M$ is trying to do to Java. :-)

ztrader