Re: [RT] Re: Virii

On Wednesday, November 28, 2001, 12:43:58 AM, Me Tarzan wrote:

MT> Sun originally sued MS for making modifications to Java which MS
MT> claimed it was doing to make Java run better under Windows.

Actually, M$ changed it to be INCOMPATIBLE. This is one of their key
methods of establishing a monopoly. The "run better" was just BS.

MT> Sun claimed this violated Sun's license.  Sun sued MS.  MS lost.
MT> So MS  said fine, we aren't going to include your program in our
MT> distribution of IE 6 going forward <g>.

They lost the 'easy way' to defeat Java; the next attack was to not
use it and create a proprietary (of course) 'replacement' language
instead.

MT> MS also says as part of their  new .Net [dot net] strategy that
MT> they will be shipping a new portable  language (C#) that will
MT> replace Java on Windows machines.

Yep! - C# is born. :-)

MT> Sun is now privately kicking themselves realizing that they
MT> challenged the master and lost.

They would have lost either way. M$ was out to kill Java any way it
could.

MT> Why did this happen?  Because Sun wanted Java to be a global
MT> standard BUT they refused to give it to the W3 standards body,
MT> instead  insisting that it WAS a standard but THEY would control
MT> the  standard.  Say what?

Yep - they were doing just trying to do what M$ does all the time. :-)

MT> MS was being nice in carrying Java for Sun,

Naah - it was just an interim step needed before they put in place the
real Java-killers. The popularity of Java took M$ by surprise, and
they needed some time to develop replacements.

"MS was being nice" - yeah, right. :-)

MT> So MS found a way out of their agreement by losing the lawsuit
MT> that Sun instituted.  This was actually quite masterful
MT> manipulation by Gates & Co and they deserve some recognition for
MT> it  <bg>.....

Not that masterful - they lost the 'easy way', and this was just one
possible next step out of many others in their quest to kill Java.

M$ will not rest until Java is essentially completely gone. This was
evident from the beginning. I assume you knew this from your research,
though.

M$ is just like the Taliban  - controlling, ruthless, and will allow
users as little freedom as possible. You're gonna have to do it their
way.

ztrader

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95
Refill any ink cartridge for less!