[RT] Re: Virii

[shug] Whatever.  Netscape will soon have the same usage as the Mac,
below 10% <g>.  You can't fund new development nor keep up with MS
with that percentage.  Eventually, it will be IE & Opera as the major
browsers.  MS is no saint, but then neither is AOL....

--- In realtraders@xxxx, BobsKC <bobskc@xxxx> wrote:
> It's not germane who owns Netscape.  They would own themselves had
it not
> been for Gates and his monopolistic business tactics but that is
another
> topic.  Netscape was around and leading all comers before MS even
put out
> their first browser.  I still believe Netscape to be more reliable
and more
> secure.  As to the popularity contest figures, of course IE wins
hands
> down.  They ship the damn thing on every copy of Win* and you can't
get it
> off unless you're a pretty fair to middlin geek.
>
> Bob
>
> At 06:22 AM 11/27/2001 +0000, you wrote:
> >I wouldn't say that Netscape has been anywhere near as good as IE
> >since way back in release 3.  And as Netscape is wholly owned by
AOL,
> >I'd be even more wary of it.  The 6.0 release was full of bugs and
> >after 9 months came out with the 6.1 release to fix things up.  Far
> >as I can tell, Netscapes overall usage worldwide is under 20%.  If
it
> >keeps dropping, one has to wonder if AOL will deep six them,
> >particularly in these tough economic times.
> >
> >CNET did a match off recently and guess what, it was a tie.  Who'd
> >have thunk?  Of course, AOL/Time Warner is a big advertiser
> ><snicker>?  You can read it here:
> >
> >http://www.cnet.com/software/0-3227883-8-7614087-1.html?
> >tag=st.sw.3227883-8-7614087-7.back2.3227883-8-7614087-1
> >
> >There are other reviews around the web.
> >
> >--- In realtraders@xxxx, BobsKC <bobskc@xxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm not sure why so many of our members use OE or even IE for
that
> > > matter.  Netscape is a far better and safer browser and Eudora
Pro
> >is
> > > infinitely better than OE and it's very secure.  OE is simply a
> >horrible
> > > email program in terms of security and with Eudora, Pine and
> >others, why
> > > put up with it?  The others are all free from the web.   I can
> >supply the
> > > web download site for Eudora if anyone needs it.. just drop me a
> >note.
> > >
> > > Bob

Promise to Quit
Nicotrol will help