Re: Re[2]: [RT] Re: Virii

>Opera has some cookie handling built-in. Other programs that are
IE>"add-ins" will not work, but those designed as proxies will be fine.
I>use Proxomitron, but there are several others that work well
with>Opera.
Opera was interesting enough on first
glance that I'll take another look for cookie handling and I'll take a peek at
Proxomitron.

>I use Agent for news groups - very nice - and there are others
also

Yeh, I used to use Agent and Eudora
back in the days when the net was accessed via bbs's.  Life being simpler
then, it wasn't a big deal to have separate apps.  Now it's a pain when the
apps are kissing cousins - one is public mail while the other is private and
semi-private mail.  There's no reason not to have them in one
programme.  This stuff's been around for years; it doesn't have to be
complex and buggy.  It's only when you get complex and buggy companies
like msft and netscape (after the early days)designing the app that it gets
messed up.

The other 'advantage' - none are from M$. :-)
Doesn't bother me.  Billy's made a fortune out of not having his
software s*** together.  More power to him.  But I'd jump ship
tomorrow if I thought that I wasn't creating more problems for myself by doing
that.

Thanks for the heads up on
Opera.

Regards,