  To: <A title=realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 2:36
  AM
  Subject: [RT] Re: Virii
  [shug] Whatever.  Netscape will soon have the same
  usage as the Mac, below 10% <g>.  You can't fund new
  development nor keep up with MS with that percentage.  Eventually, it
  will be IE & Opera as the major browsers.  MS is no saint, but
  then neither is AOL....--- In <A
  href="mailto:realtraders@x";>realtraders@x..., BobsKC <<A
  href="mailto:bobskc@x";>bobskc@x...> wrote:> It's not germane who
  owns Netscape.  They would own themselves had it not > been
  for Gates and his monopolistic business tactics but that is another
  > topic.  Netscape was around and leading all comers before MS
  even put out > their first browser.  I still believe Netscape
  to be more reliable and more > secure.  As to the popularity
  contest figures, of course IE wins hands > down.  They ship
  the damn thing on every copy of Win* and you can't get it > off
  unless you're a pretty fair to middlin geek.> > Bob>
  > At 06:22 AM 11/27/2001 +0000, you wrote:> >I wouldn't say
  that Netscape has been anywhere near as good as IE> >since way back
  in release 3.  And as Netscape is wholly owned by AOL,>
  >I'd be even more wary of it.  The 6.0 release was full of bugs
  and> >after 9 months came out with the 6.1 release to fix things
  up.  Far> >as I can tell, Netscapes overall usage worldwide is
  under 20%.  If it> >keeps dropping, one has to wonder if
  AOL will deep six them,> >particularly in these tough economic
  times.> >> >CNET did a match off recently and guess what,
  it was a tie.  Who'd> >have thunk?  Of course, AOL/Time
  Warner is a big advertiser> ><snicker>?  You can read it
  here:> >> ><A
  href="http://www.cnet.com/software/0-3227883-8-7614087-1.html?";>http://www.cnet.com/software/0-3227883-8-7614087-1.html?>
  >tag=st.sw.3227883-8-7614087-7.back2.3227883-8-7614087-1>
  >> >There are other reviews around the web.> >>
  IE for that> > > matter.  Netscape is a far better and
  safer browser and Eudora Pro> >is> > > infinitely
  better than OE and it's very secure.  OE is simply a>
  >horrible> > > email program in terms of security and with
  Eudora, Pine and> >others, why> > > put up with
  it?  The others are all free from the web.   I can>
  >supply the> > > web download site for Eudora if anyone needs
  it.. just drop me a> >note.> > >> > >
  this group, send an email to:> >realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxx>
  subject to <A
  href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/To