[RT] Is Tradestation still top dog?

All,

I have a fairly open ended question, sorry if it sounds unfocused.

I've been a Supercharts user for many many years, and this program has
served me well, as long as I could obtain systems and studies which were
precompiled into ELA format.

I would like to get into much more detail analysis and trading strategies
that just can't be done without the power editor and a full-blown
backtesting/trading system.

So the question "is Tradestation still the best product for the money to
do this"?  Or should I embark on a Visual Basic or Java coding project to
do the same?  There's been a LOT of complaints about Tradestation in the
past and I don't want to go to all the expense for something that won't
cut the mustard.

Also it seems that Omega is moving towards online subscription services
which is not something I really think I want (although I could be wrong).
I have my own data feed which works just fine thank you.  All I really
need is the ability to program systems, etc.

Since I have my own data feed, programming everything from scratch in VB
or Java has its appeal, but of course its a lot of work too.

See?  I told you it was an open ended question :-)

Should I "move up" (or go someplace else)?

-- John

--

John T. Nelson           |  John's Trading Journal
trader@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   |  http://trader.computation.org/