Re: Re: Re: Re: [RT] Software - Pattern Smasher

On Sun, 22 Oct 2000 11:40:51 -0700, you wrote:

As someone who purchased NP really early in the game, I must say that
Ed K has always been sincere in his belief that the tools of NP were
valid and innovative. He provided instructional newsletters,  almost
weekly updates, started the Real Traders newsgroup with little fanfare
and no advertising of NP. His tech support was excellent and he was
always searching for better ways to serve his customers.

I feel that NP provides points of repetitive activity that may be
related to earning reports, weather/crop yields, seasonal trends, etc.
It will always maintain some validity regardless of your or his
feeling about Fib ratios.

On the negative side, I felt that not providing a Y2K patch was a PR
error for those of us that do use the program. I would have liked NP
included in Patternsmasher giving us the option to use it or not,
since the engines already exists if only in DOS. Those two actions
would have made this thread moot.

Ed is being honest(as he always has been) in his belief that NP is not
as useful as he had earlier believed it to be. I am sure that he has
also discovered that by sharing his new conviction with his customers
might not have been the most prudent thing to do....Some things you
just can't take back. I hope that Ed gets his creative juices flowing
again and continues work on PS.

Walt

>At 11:06 AM 10/22/00 EDT, you wrote:
>> I'm not one for posting much in a group. How every, this talk about Pattern
>>Smasher, and NP. Has brought me to the point I want to say something
>>concerning Mr.Ed Kasanjian.
>>
>> His comments about the software, has restored my faith in man kind, and his
>>workings to gain better understanding and trying to move ahead, through his
>>experience and knowledge base.
>> I believe that, Mr. Ed Kasanjian has made a giant step forward, and "we" as
>>traders should encourage him to move forward in his abilities for writing a
>>better program based off of his studies and experience.
>> Just wish companies like "Omega" would take a giant step forward, they may
>>learn a thing or two.
>>
>>One last thing I would like to say,  I would really like to see, "Pattern
>>Smasher"
>>up graded to a windows base, using C++ or VBA Programing.
>>
>>Happy Trading to all.
>>
>>Randy Cole

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/152424/_/972235149/