Re: [RT] Software - Pattern Smasher

In a message dated 10/22/2000 7:13:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
eadamy@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I'll 'fess up - I've been using Fibonacci ratios in trading stocks,
 funds, and all manner of commodities ever since a sugar trader taught me
 the ropes of using Fibonacci retracements and projections nearly 15
 years ago. A year or so later, I bought Joe DiNapoli's workshop to hone
 my skills and learn the use of Fibonacci ratio confluence i.e.
 clustering of Fibonacci points projected from different structures
 and/or time frames. More recently, I've spent a good deal of time
 studying Bob Miner's book and workshop which further quantifies the
 typical Fibonacci price and time relationships found in each type of EW;
 again information which I have found quite useful in my trading.>>
**********************
Earl:
I followed a similar path with fib and DiNapoli and then some light exposure
with Miner & Bryce Gilmore.  DiNapoli does not bother with time which is a
bother to some but a revelation to others.  Every method that focuses
primarily on time has been far behind the progress of those who evaluate
price first and foremost.  There now appears to be a few methods that are
consistent with time although I confess that I have not kept up with them in
recent years as a daytrader of the S&P.

 <<In combination with retracements, I use Fibonacci expansion ratios of
 .618 for w5, 1.00 for w.C, and 1.618 and 2.618 for w.3 as profit taking
 targets. I will say that my most profitable trades are those where I
 exit on a 1.0 or (especially) a 1.618 expansion instead of waiting for
 price action to take me out at my trailing stop. Also, I am watching for
 confluence of expansion levels from several structures as well as
 retracement levels. Once again it is part art as I watch the overall
 price pattern as each level is reached to see if it has enough "oomph"
 to carry on to the next.>>
***********************************
Earl (or anyone), do you change your time ratios as you do your price ratios
in the various waves?  I have always felt that impulsive waves respond to
different ratios than corrective waves but have not had the time to test this
theory.  I believe that w1 thru w5 are time oriented (proportional) but the
corrections after w5 are following a different time frame or as I like to
say, readjusting themselves within a larger time frame that is difficult to
identify until after the fact.

<< Earl (hanging on to his Fibonacci tools) >>
Mr. Lynn is also keeping fib.  Maybe it's just hard to teach old dogs new
tricks but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/152424/_/972245766/