Re: [RT] Software - Pattern Smasher

I believe you are correct in your observation that declines proceed at a
faster pace than rallies, however this is likely true for both time and
price.

Candidly, I have not found fib time ratios to be as accurate as fib
price ratios. Part of this is likely due to the fact that AGet just does
not have the 3 point time tools included in DT, which are necessary to
perform a number of important time projections. I have experimented with
AGet's automated time clusters tool and they do not provide the more
accurate time projections found in DT automated time projections. This
is likely due to the fact that DT uses different time ratios for
different waves, an approach which makes more sense to me than AGet's
method of applying a universal set of ratios to all waves. All of that
said, I do use RM's fib time retracement ratios for w.2 and w.4
retracements and find that they do add to my trading, in particular by
keeping me from re-entering the primary trend before the correction has
completed. Time techniques are actually more easily implemented in
QCharts intraday than AGet EOD because QCharts provides functionality to
specify the length of the tool lines so I can readily enter .50, .682,
1.0 or 1.62 lengths.

Again, this stuff is more art than science but when (for example) RM
says that a w.2 which has not completed a minimum 50% time retracement
of w.1 is suspect as to completion, I have found he is rarely wrong and
that the w.2 will continue. I will add that I paid a lot more attention
to RM's w.2 and w.4 time retracement guidelines when I found they were
reducing my trading losses.

Earl