Re: Off Topic CPU usage

Hi list;
Thanks to all who replied with so many good suggestions.
under task manager, processes, there is a program called spoolsv.exe running at 99%. that no doubt is the culprit. I am presuming it belongs to the HP printer, but it says System after it and not printer. Anyone have further suggestions as to what I should do from here. how do I ask that file to stop working, just rename it ? I could uninstall the printer again and see if that file disappears but maybe a lot of wasted work.
since reinstalling the printer, at least, a computer is not crashing with the blue screen repeatedly.

sorting through the Google search for windows XP tweaks is rather daunting. I was hoping to receive the document someone on the list had produced previously. probably a lot of us could use that document again at this time.

thanks again.