Re[2]: Off Topic CPU usage

Hello gh,

gh> Hi list;
gh> Thanks to all who replied with so many good suggestions.
gh> under task manager, processes, there is a program called spoolsv.exe
gh> running at 99%.  that no doubt is the culprit.  I am presuming it
gh> belongs to the HP printer, but it says System after it and not printer.
gh>  Anyone have further suggestions as to what I should do from here.  how
gh> do I ask that file to stop working, just rename it ?  I could uninstall
gh> the printer again and see if that file disappears but maybe a lot of
gh> wasted work.
gh> since reinstalling the printer, at least, a computer is not crashing
gh> with the blue screen repeatedly.

Google is your friend.  You may have a virus

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/backdoor.ciadoor.b.html

--
Regards,
 Greg

"We know that dictators are quick to choose aggression, while free
nations strive to resolve differences in peace." -- George W. Bush