Off Topic - PC techie needed

I currently use a Win 98 machine for all non investment related activities.

This machine was upgraded from Win 95.

When that was done my support guy saved all the Win 95 operations as a backup should the Win 98 installation go amok.

Given some current problems we are experiencing with the machine, one of my better friends, and a semi-techie, suggested that some of our current problems may relate to the fact that the original Win 95 backup system was never removed.

There is no "remove program" listed in the "add/remove" folder, but that group of files seems to be located in a directory titled "system.sav" as a folder under my current (I believe) programs directory.

I'd like to delete these files if that's the case, but I'm just PC illiterate enough to want a more trustworthy opinion.

Anyone know of a web site where that question could be posed to better minds than mine?

Thanks, both for your help, and letting me eat up some of the territory given to more important things.

Richard Funkhouser