Re[2]: Upgrade TS8.0 to TS8.1 Problem

You might try deleting that part of the registry that has to do with
installing TS8 then TS8.1.  Then you start all over with a new install
of ?  TS8 or TS8.1.  Be sure you don't delete the TS2ki part of the
registry.  The important part of the registry for TS2ki is
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Omega Research.  I say important because I
delete it to do a clean install of TS2ki.  Other references are not so
important.  So don't delete it but find the new one for TS8...  Maybe
that will get you past the tsinst10.exe

Jimmy

I found a number of setup.ini files and renamed them but still
received same tsinst10.exe not found error.

>From my laptop I copied the whole TS8.1 directory over to the desktop.
 The installer found the 8.1 build2706 version.  I asked the installer
to leave build2706 and install new build2821.  Same error tsinst10.exe
not found error.  I tried other options to no avail.  I compared the
registries of the laptop to the desktop searching for tsinst10.exe.
The registry items were the same except for
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Window\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components

This reg had some different hex numbers.  Probably due to different
installs between the 2 computers.

Mike