Re: Upgrade TS8.0 to TS8.1 Problem

I have had no problem upgrading to each new version on either Windows 2K or XP.

But for major upgrades, such as from 8.0 to 8.1, I usually do a clean
install, leaving the 8.0 directory on the machine as it was.

I first archive all indicators, strategies, etc., from 8.0 to a file
server. Then do a clean install of 8.1, then import any of the old
stuff I need from the ELD archive as I need it.

I then open any old 8.0 workspaces, desktops, etc., I need in 8.1 then
save them in the 8.1 directory. When you open a workspace, it tells
you if you are missing anything and if so, you can get it from the archive.

This assures that I have all the latest versions of built-in
functions, etc, and  allows me to get rid of lots of old stuff I no
longer need. It also forces the system to download any data it needs
for your charts, which assures you have the cleanest data.

This process is good to follow with any major upgrade of any application.

Bob Fulks