Re: Automated Trading Platform & Broker -need Suggestions

   Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:28:56 -0600
   From: Abhijit Dey <omegalist@xxxxxxxxxx>

Run it on a delayed (but free) feed.  You're not trying to make money,
you are testing.  Your system doesn't know it's a delayed feed.

   >s> I have a trading system that I'd like to try, using automated trading and
   >s> TS2ki
   >s> I'd love to find a broker that supports a practice account, so I could debug
   >s> any problems that come up for a few weeks or so-
   >s> I'm pretty good with EL but not a programmer.
   >s> (I've heard IB is good, what software is best to interface between TS2ki and
   >s> a broker?)

   Demo account of IB is useless. Open IB account (minimum $2k). Get feed
   for 40 syms at $10 a month (real time feed). Feed that to ts2ki to drive
   it. Use HyperServerLite (hypertrader.it) for that - it's free (adware?
   but not spyware). Contact me for a older version that is both free &
   free of adware. Then sign up for a dynaorder system (free trial
   available) - dynaorder.com. Dynaorder has a "paper trader" available. So
   you can run your strategy, but not really put on trades.

   >s> Any suggestions ?
   >s> Thanks in advance.
   >
   >IB has free demo accounts. Delayed data and only a small section of
   >symbols.
   >I have no idea if the demo accounts mimic real trading 100%

   It doesn't. It's garbage data.

   >Anyway somewhere hidden on their site you will find:
   >account: cdemo

   It's edemo, not cdemo (I am sure that was a typo)

   >password: demouser

   Abhijit