Re: Free Trading Seminar

Dear Young Trader,

Hope you don't mind me taking this onto the Omega List since there's
nothing personal being discussed and it may be of interest to others. There
are many things Omega should have and could have done better. They could
have held the release of the software until it was reliable enough for real
time trading, and they should not have been misleading when all the
troubles started to become public.

I've worked extensively with TS2Ki on three different machines. 450MHz P2
with 256Mb SDRAM (brand new installation of Win98 2nd ed and only software
on the machine was TS2Ki), 266MHz P2 with 128Mb SDRAM (clean installation
of Win98, TS2Ki only software ever installed), and lastly a 200MHz Pentium
with 128Mb EDO RAM (tons of other software and upgraded from Win95 through
Win98 2nd ed). Don't talk to me about NT until you read all the horror
stories from folks on this list who suffered through the upgrade and still
can't run TS2Ki reliably.

It works identically on all three setups. Any time there is any kind of
volume, like at the market's open or during fast market conditions, the
program slows to a crawl. The Rent-a-Server gives the error message,

	"Data Manager is not getting enough time to perform its functions.
	Check if any program is running in a DOS box, another Win app
	may be performing extensive tasks. This is ok if this message goes
	away in a few minutes, if state persists, you may be requesting too
	much data for your system."

This happens throughout the day, but is especially irritating at the open
when it is very slow switching between WorkSpaces, the program is
unresponsive to mouse clicks, dropdown lists will not respond, changing
between tools is extremely slow, even typing text on a chart is one letter
at a time with much time between each.

I worked with several Omega techies from May 11, 1999 through June 21, 1999
and they could do nothing except make excuses. They admitted they are not
sure of the causes of this sluggishness, but told me it would be fixed by
SP3. I quit working with them when one let it slip that most Omega machines
do not have real time data feeds. Why would the idiots try to solve real
time problems on an end of day machine? Because, they don't know anything.

There are only 59 stocks and indexes in my Rent-a Server, I'm using BMI
cable. I now run TS2Ki every day on the Pentium 200 because it runs the
same there as it does on the P2s, so there is no point wasting a P2 on it.
I only use it for backup and run only eight one minute charts (which it
still can't handle even though there are no Systems running, only a moving
average and volume on each chart). Every time I boot TS2Ki and it becomes
unresponsive I think to myself, "what a piece of crap this software is and
Omega is crap for foisting it off on the public."

Only a newbie or someone with a vested interest could "enjoy" Omega's
products or make statements about expecting the software to make money. I
certainly don't need _any_ Omega products to harvest profits from the stock
market. Been doing that for years. I didn't "miss" anything, Omega's goal
was to go public and make their earnings estimates at the expense of their
clients.

Thursday toward the end of the session, the Rent-a-Server suddenly reported
it couldn't find the data feed on any port. Maybe you enjoy trading under
those circumstances, I don't, and until Omega hacks together a reliable and
responsive real time product, I will continue to post "best joke of the
week." They make it easy with their promos that tell lies.