day session vs. 24 hr

As a beginning trader, I'd like to ask the assistance of the list in
resolving a problem.

Comparing charts (bar or candlestick) between the day session and the 24

hour (Globex, Project A, etc.) of those futures which trade P.M.
sessions, I've noticed differences (sometimes vast) between the two
charts for a given contract.

Example;
CME session for the JY8Z on October 7, 1998 showed a huge gap (.7745 to
.8100), creating an 'open window' on the candlestick chart, with the
associated support/resistance implications. The Globex 24 hour session
showed no such gap, and therefor no associated support/resistance
expectations. Again on  Oct. 29, the CME session (JY8Z) showed a fairly
large down-gap, while the Globex session showed no gap, but a bearish
engulfing pattern.

Many traders have no doubt encountered the problem of which session to
use for charting, and resolved it to their satisfaction.

I'd appreciate your opinions on the matter, and your reasoning in
arriving at them.

Thanks for your help.

Jim Duffy