Re: day session vs. 24 hr

For daytrading the S&P I find it useful to consider that  activity
worth tracking, with some indicators, begins around 5 am Central
so that 3 min bars with settings of 20 mbb are lining up by 6am.
If  short term daytrading indicators tracking SP are at odds with
the same indicators tracking DSP at 8:30 am, then I usually wait
for them to track together or go with the SP (except for gap
trades of course).