Re: day session vs. 24 hr

I evaluate each market separately and then decide weather or not to
chart the day or night session. A couple of things to look at is the
overnight volume and the "logical" basis for the night/day session.
	For example, the cash currency market trades heavily overnight in other
parts of the world. (I think the most active cash time is 7 pm EST).
Also, the cash market is much larger than the futures market, so it
follows that the night session is the one to track. Even if the night
currency session has little volume it should still be followed since
(theoretically) arbs should keep the globex prices "in line" with the
cash.
	For markets like the grains, where there is little overnight volume and
little logical basis for trading overnight, I use the day. Sure, some
cash grain moves overnight and in the early morning but the cash market
is small relative to the futures (correct me if I'm wrong on that
anyone).
	For the S&P I don't know. I track the day session but I think the
consensus on this is fairly equal with a slight edge to tracking the day
session.

- Tim Ryan