Re: BMI Changes - INDEXES

URGENT

hope that we can get an answer this friday on this issue.

Thank you first for the info on how to handle the stocks - did that
today for about 5 hrs and got it done, although I wish for a better
solution ...

NOW, for indexes, DBC posted info on the renaming of symbols and
dropped symbols but FAILED to mention one very important thing :-

WOULD THAT DOLLAR SIGN REALLY BE PART OF THE NEW SYMBOLS OR IS IT JUST
SOMETHING SPECIFIC FOR THE DBC DATA MANAGER?!

It happened before that DBC support reps asking users to type in
index symbols with that $ in front but then they figure out it is
purely a make-up symbol convention required by the DBC Data Manager.
Thus no other programs need that added dollar sign.

So, please please find out from DBC are those new indexes really
broadcasted with the $ as part of the symbol, as omega server
do not add its own prefix to the symbols!!!

Thank you.

Lawrence Chan

----------
> From: Melody Blais <Melody.Blais@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: 'omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx'
> Subject: BMI Changes
> Date: Monday, November 23, 1998 4:08 PM
>
> IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING BMI DATAFEED CHANGES
>
> <...>
>
> 3.	The list of supported indices and market indicators will be
> impacted. Some of the previously supported indices will no longer be
> available, while new, previously unavailable indices, will be added to
the
> list. Please  <http://cbs.marketwatch.com/data/lookup.htx?source=htx/dbc>
> click here for the updated list on DBC's web site.
>
> *	The indices and market indicators that have been discontinued will
> no longer receive data. They may be removed from charts and quote windows
in
> SuperCharts RT or TradeStation and then deleted from the symbol portfolio
if
> desired.
>
> 1.	Start SuperCharts RT/TradeStation.  Open the workspaces that contain
> charts or quote windows containing the affected symbols.
> 2.	For charts, simply click anywhere within the chart, then click FILE
> - DELETE WINDOW.  Confirm the deletion of the window.  Alternately, you
may
> change the chart to a different symbol.  Simply click anywhere within the
> chart, then click FORMAT - PRICE DATA.  Click on the PRICE DATA tab.
Select