Re: bad INTC opening tick

David,

> In a discussion I had with an Omega tech support person a few months ago,
> he explained the source of their tick data is also BMI. Therefore, if BMI
> errored in sending a horribly inaccurate tick early in the trading day
> for a stock, then the Omega  OMZ files are similarly corrupted. They say
> they have NO OTHER source for this tick data as they only receive data
> from BMI. It seems that in this case, the original error lies in BMI
> transmission.

Yes it does; either BMI, their data source, or one of the companies
involved in the transmission via cable is at fault.  When all users
have the problem, it is not the transmission, but one of the first
two reasons.  However, there is a way to recover.  Omega could make
the recovery process much less painful for its users.

> My conversation above occurred because of my complaint to them of dozens
> of examples of obviously incorrect tick data dates for an entire day when
> I had downloaded and pasted the OMZ data form their web site. I have
> documented dozens of similar problems as what had occurred with INTC in
> large liquid equities.

Yes, it does occur frequently, but not regularly.  That is why
Omega needs to do something for its users.  It is a major hastle
for the TS users when it occurs, it is not the result of a user
error (i.e. users do not cause it with bad EL code or incorrect
operation of TS, etc.), and the recovery process could be automated
by Omega.

Rod
--

J. Rodney Grisham, Ph.D.         ____  __   __
Technix Systems, Inc.             /   /_   /    /__/  /\ /  / \/