Re: bad INTC opening tick

Rod,

In a discussion I had with an Omega tech support person a few months ago,
he explained the source of their tick data is also BMI. Therefore, if BMI
errored in sending a horribly inaccurate tick early in the trading day
for a stock, then the Omega  OMZ files are similarly corrupted. They say
they have NO OTHER source for this tick data as they only receive data
from BMI. It seems that in this case, the original error lies in BMI
transmission.

My conversation above occurred because of my complaint to them of dozens
of examples of obviously incorrect tick data dates for an entire day when
I had downloaded and pasted the OMZ data form their web site. I have
documented dozens of similar problems as what had occurred with INTC in
large liquid equities.

David Chan