Re: Omega and Data

In a message dated 98-01-08 00:50:44 EST, grisham@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Hence, when Omega
>  simply deleted the "bad" data without comment, I saw that as
>  an attempt to sweep an obvious example of a TS shortcoming under
>  the carpet.  It appeared to me to be an example of an attitude
>  similar to "if we don't acknowledge we have a problem, maybe it
>  will go away."  That is not exactly a customer friendly approach.
>
>  If you want to thank someone for something, I suggest we all thank
>  Igor Uhrik for offering to correct the INTC data and make it
>  available to the readers of this list.  With nearly 17,000 ticks
>  for INTC on 1/5/98, it will take Igor several hours of painful,
>  boring work to correct the data, if he can muster the patience
>  to complete that task.

Rod

          Agree with you up to a point.   I suspect, that the person at Omega
who is responsible for the data collection, has it as just an add on
responsiblity, with low priority given to it as it doesn't generate revenue.
This is real world corporate reality.  Therefore, rather than fix bad data,
deleting it may be the only viable option.  Don't know.

          I don't know whats involved with fixing stock data problems, as I
don't collect stock data.  Futures aren't a problem, do it all the time, and
even in TS3.5 its pretty quick.  I guess to all the INTC traders Igor did
indeed do them a favor, but my point still stands.  It may not be 100%
reliable, but Thanks Omega.

                        Pete