Re: [Metastockusers] JO and Postings--A message to Friends and Family

Hi JO:

Because the majority of your post referenced either me or my comments I will respond once and then let this subject go.

Yes, you make eloquent and really helpful comments regarding MetaStock on-list.  It was when you began to send me unsolicited emails off-list pointing out the errors of my on-list logic that the real JO showed up.

Your off-list emails began with an extended version of your resume that included your impressive background as a broker.  Yes, it was impressive.  You then pointed out that what I had posted on-list regarding technical information would not work.  I emailed you back with references to support my concepts and your retort was arrogant, demeaning, and condescending.  In the same time frame you responded on-list to a MetaStock user's question in elaborate "dumb you" detail and he responded with exactly what I wrote in my previous sentence without the arrogant reference.

Yes, you have a lot to offer this list, but your need to be 'right' drives all of your motivations in 'helping people.'  It's an ego trip and I'm in no way denying that there are a great deal of on-list benefits from that ego, but it is the constant feedback that you require, and anyone who takes exception to what you know and write lifts you to your arrogant lonely little world.

I am not the only one who has purchased ICE and found it to be no more than what comes with the standard MetaStock.  Others on-list have made the same comments that I have.  I have no regrets or apologies for referring to you as a shill.  If your promotion of third-party software isn't lining your pockets, then it's inflating your ego, or more appropriately, keeping it at a level that you can live with.

There is no statement anywhere in the ICE material that they have a money back guarantee.  Not at their web site, not in their written material that comes with the software.  I have asked for one, but have not yet heard back from them.

""Jay, I'm guessing you're a nice guy—maybe a little obsessed with hunting down what you perceive as evil—but nice. Of course that is a guess! Sometimes you're even positive and knowledgeable, which I enjoy taking advantage of. "

I am in no way fighting evil.  It is out of evil that good evolves.  I'm not a nice guy.  I don't wish to be a nice guy.  I have several friends who are alcoholics.  They are the nicest people I know.

I do appreciate your rejoining the list and making your post and hope you continue to contribute in the future.
 Jay

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor