[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Passing Values between Buy & Sell Tests

Russ,

Let me add a little to what Roy has already answered.

Usually when there is an error, Metastock will let you know the type
of error and highlight where the error was found in the code with a
blinking cursor. From what you have posted, I can give you a couple
of things to look for. First is the use of quotes, colons, and
semicolons.
Quotes...metastock doesn't like them and they are not needed
Colons...make sure they occur right after the variable name-no space
Semicolons...always at the end

So you will need the following:

BuyPrice:= Close;
SellTrig1:= If(Close < (BuyPrice*.90),1,0);

an easier way is simply:
SellTrig1:= If(Close < (Close*.90),1,0);

which presents a problem...is the close ever less than 90% of itself?

maybe this would work better:
SellTrig1:= If(Close < (ref(Close,-1)*.90),1,0);
It is possible that todays close could be lower than yesterdays close.

Just some thoughts,

Preston