Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] I don't understand how this formula is written

Ron,

Very correct! fo is a variable which is defined in a custom indicator
called gh. From the appearance of the indicator mleonsprint posted it
looks like a variable or adaptive indicator.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ron <ronber@xxxx> wrote:
> I think I have this right, if not we'll all know soon enough.
>

>  From the Help file:
>
> fmlvar( "FORMULA_NAME", "VARIABLE_NAME")
>
> FUNCTION    Calls the custom indicator named FORMULA_NAME and
returns
> the value contained in the custom indicator's variable named
VARIABLE_NAME.

> The if structure is a series of "nested" ifs. IF(Test, Value if
true,
> Value if false) or IF(Test,Then value,Else value) In the statement
you
> present the else's are new conditionals until you get to the value
of ru5.

> Essentially the code says:
> if fo=8 then ru1
> if fo =9 then ru2 etc.
> if fo isn't 8 or 9 or 10 or 11 then ru5
> ru1, ru2, ru3, ru4, ru5 are variables which are likely defined
elsewhere
> in the formula structure.
>
> ru1:= something goes here;
> ru2:= something else goes here;
> for instance:
> ru1:=mov(c,20,e);
> ru2:=mov(c,10,e);
>

> mleonsprint wrote:
>
> >   I don't think I am the only one but when I read a formula I read
> > the formula in my head how it is written so I understand what
> > exactly it is calculating, I found this formula (this is only
part)
> > I am not quite sure of what is happening... I was wondering if
> > someone could explain... Please.....
> >
> >    If( FmlVar("gh","fo")=8,ru1,
> >    If(FmlVar("gh","fo")=9,ru2,
> >    If(FmlVar("gh","fo")=10,ru3,
> >    If(FmlVar("gh","fo")=11,ru4,ru5))));
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=219695.2596658.3969980.1927555/D=egroupweb/S=17
05375617:HM/A=1226184/R=0/*http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/N879.ameritr
ade.yahoo/B1054521.11;sz=300x250;adc=ZHS;ord=1039759130?>

Service