RE: Metastock.

<SPAN
class=445320007-03122000>Steve:
<SPAN
class=445320007-03122000>Would you move the security file or save a chart in the
long or short folder?  I think if the security is moved then the new folder
has to be added to the DownLoader list to keep getting prices, doesn't
it?  I'm not clear yet on the
differences between a security file and a smart chart file, or if they're the
same thing.
<BLOCKQUOTE
style="BORDER-LEFT: #008000 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">
  <FONT
  face=Tahoma>-----Original Message-----From: Steve Brann
  [mailto:steveb@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2000 10:41
  AMTo: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxCc:
  Bill-Irwin@xxxxxxxxSubject: Metastock.
  Hi Bill
  Welcome to the world of Metastock - to jaded
  old hacks like me its refreshing to read you speaking so well of the
  product.  Having got used to it I tend only to see what is doesn't do yet
  claims to do.  However, enough of that cynicism.
  I do not know of any feature that allows you
  to "flag" a security that you have a position in.  I can only suggest
  that when you take out a position you move that security into a separate list
  or folder (create a long folder and a short folder) and then run your
  "close position" explorations against securities in those folders.  A bit
  long winded but really only a couple of clicks within downloader once you have
  the folders set up.