Re: good computers

On Sat, 12 Dec 1998 23:22:39 -0500, you wrote:

>Several other computers were recommended once: HP, IBM,
>Gateway, Quantex, and NEC.

Argh! Never HP (I do own their stock though), IBM or NEC. These are
all proprietary. HP and IBM being the worst. Of course Compaq falls in
the same league and so did Digital.

Dell is semi/proprietary, so be careful. Yes they have good support,
they should since their profit margins must be high enough to cover
tech support.

FWIW, My Pentium II has a ball bearing fan on it, AND there is a
thermal fan on the case AND there is a fan in the power supply.

The Dell Pentium II we have at the office have ONE fan placed in a
manner to cool both the CPU and the proprietary power supply AND the
case.

'nuff said.  Of course, when they break down they give you great
support. The price value of Dell is excellent.

-= Chris ß =-