From: Guy Tann <grtann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, December 13, 1998 11:02 AM
Subject: RE: good computers

I've been building micro computers (notice the name) before there was an
Apple or an IBM PC.  I think my first one was in the early 70s.

Anyway, I've found that I can go to one of the local clone manufacturers and
buy a complete system, sometimes for less than the cost of the various
components.  Currently, one of the local chains is selling a 450MHz Pentium
II system with 128Mb of RAM, 10+Gb HD, 4x DVD drive, 400w speakers and sub,
plus an 8Mb ATI graphics card, 56kb modem v.90, etc., etc. and a 17" .26
monitor (I think as I'm going from memory) for around $1800.  There's no way
I'm going to take the time to build one of these again.  I bought a complete
system, added another 5.5Gb D: drive and a networking card (10/100 Mb
Ethernet) and I'm done.  Oh yes, it also included Win 98 and a bunch of
other stuff.

Hardly worth trying to save $100.  And that includes a 2 year, total
warrantee.

Regards

Guy