Re: Sorry to offend but I need to ask

Two questions:

1) My ISP is Cox (cable) and they require that automatic DHCP configuration
be enabled.  Although I have on occasion disabled it for short periods
without trouble, my current IP address could at some time be changed or
reassigned to another subscriber and, if that were to happen while I was
attempting to use a static IP address, I would probably be unable to
connect.  Is there some way to enable auto config on the cable side of
Proxomitron?  Or some other solution?

2) What piqued my interest in this thread was appearance on my screen of
"alerts" from the messenger service with commercial solicitations, and I
suspect that this activity is  NOT  making use of my browser or e-mail
client but, rather, is using some other mechanism for coming in via TCP/IP.
If it is not using my browser, then would Proxomitron block it?  (I'm almost
certain that it is not HTTP.)

Carroll Slemaker