Re: redundant data feed solution

Hello  Matt,

yes  you can unplug one connection and it will fail over, please refer
to  the  support  area of their web site to see the report i did about
how   it  does  not  work  in  all  cases.  it  performs  poorly  when
intermittent  broadcast  quality  exist  on one connection. the box is
particularly susceptible to static ip failures and lends itself better
to strictly dhcp connections.

this  product  has  been  mention many times in the past, i still have
mine  though  i  gave  up using it some time ago. you can purchase the
product  at a large discount if you call them and tell them you want a
discount.

MP> I'm not connected to the company, but I am really happy with their
MP> box.  It does a great job - and I don't expect to be off-line much
MP> anymore.

again  like  i  said  in  my  post  to  them  - it is obvious that the
designing engineers did exactly what you did to test the product. they
simply  unplugged  one  connection.  it  has  been documented that the
product  does  not  work when a partial failure happens. what is that?
when  the  ip  and  the  gateway have different prefix numbers for one
example.  there are many other ways that i have tested this box and it
fails. ask them what the return ratio is?  i would say no buy, unless
your a hardware collector like me thinking it will make a nice topic
of discussion one day.  for sale also 300 shipping paid.

--

Have a Great Day, Mark

http://www.markbrown.com