redundant data feed solution

Hi!

I thought you might be interested in a good product I've recently installed.
When I took a 10 day outage from AT&T I decided it was time for better
internet feed redundancy.  I ordered and installed DSL.  While trying to
figure out the best way to take advantage of these feeds I found a switch
that perfectly solves the problem for me.  I bought a Pro800turbo from
Nexland.  It is just a switch that replaced my old LAN hub - except it has
two internet ports.  One port gets my cable feed and the other the DSL.  It
is not a true load-balancing switch, but it is pretty close.  When it works,
my cable feed is considerably faster than the DSL, so it only uses the DSL
when the cable is at capacity (like right after school when my kids are
downloading a ton of stuff on some of the other PCs in the house.

What I love about it is that I can simply reach over and un-plug the cable
connection.  It goes right to the DSL and Tradestation never knew what hit
it.

It took about five minutes to install and setup (unplug the old hub, plug
the cables into the new box, plug in the modem feeds and go.  There was a
firmware update to install from the company.  That took another five minutes
to locate, download, and install.

You configure the thing via web interface.  It's very simple - if you want
it to be - or it can get extremely complicated if that fits your needs.  It
has a built in firewall and support for VPNs and other jazz that I don't
need.

It cost just under $400.

I'm not connected to the company, but I am really happy with their box.  It
does a great job - and I don't expect to be off-line much anymore.

Matt Proudfit
Ogden Utah