Off topic - CTA

Can anyone tell me if it is OK for me, as an employee, to trade the
company's 401(k) money without becoming a CTA ?  I'm not an officer,
director or shareholder of the company.  The 401(k) plan has a provision (or
can be modified) to allow trading futures contracts.

I've looked at a dozen websites with CFTC regulations and references and I
can't find a simple sentence that says 'its OK for an employee to trade the
company's 401(k) plan'.

If there's a simple answer, or a place to find it, I would appreciate the
help.

thanks,

Jim